Monday, March 14, 2016

Surf and Turf – Sea Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf)

Dinner Tonight: Surf and Turf – Bay Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf) w/ Baked Potato




Started off my morning with Hash Browns and Turkey Sausage! I used Simply Potatoes Hash
Browns and Jennie - O Turkey Sausage Links (my favorite). After that I ran the vacuum inside and ran the leaf blower outside. Still getting a lot of leaves and debris from the work behind us. After that just did some odd and ends jobs around the house. For dinner tonight my version of a Surf and Turf Dinner. I prepared Sea Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf).






I'll be using Bay Scallops for the Surf part of the meal. To make the Scallops I’ll need; 2 tablespoons
Blue Bonnet Light Butter, 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bay Scallops (rinsed and patted dry), parsley, Cayenne Pepper, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. To prepare them; in a small skillet sprayed with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray add a 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heat on medium heat. As the skillet was heating I rinsed the Scallops off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned them with Cayenne Pepper, Sea Salt, and Peppercorn. Then added a tablespoon of the Butter to the skillet, when the Butter was melted I added the Scallops. Cooked them for a total of 3 1/2 minutes, turning them after 1 1/2 minutes. The scallops should feel firm to the touch, but still slightly soft, like well-set Jello; do not overcook or the scallops as they become tough and chewy. These came out perfect and delicious! I just love the fresh taste of Scallops.





For the Turf part I’ll be using Wild Idea Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (5 oz.). To prepare the
Steak; I rubbed the Steak with a 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a small Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 1/2 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had. I also prepared some Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms to top the Steak.




I also had a baked Russet Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and
Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Perfect side for a Surf and Turf Meal! For dessert/snack later some sliced Cracker Barrel 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.












Wild Idea Buffalo – 5 oz. Petite Top Sirloin Steak

Famous for their flavor, these juicy steaks are perfect for the grill. The small size makes for a great meal for one.
oz.ttp://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/premium-steaks/products/petite-top-sirloin-steaks









Scallops

Scallops are mollusks that have two beautiful convexly ridged, or scalloped, shells. They consist of
two shells hinged at one end which is why they are known to marine biologists as bi-valve mollusks. The edible portion of the scallop is the white muscle that opens and closes the two shells and is called the “nut.”



Similar to oysters and clams, scallops are filter feeding bivalves (two shells) that can be influenced by the contents of the surrounding waters. Certain plankton and the presence of scallop roe can influence the color of some scallop meats.



Why they’re healthy: Scallops are more than 80 percent protein. “One 3-ounce serving provides 20 grams of protein and just 95 calories,” says Bowden. They’re also a good source of both magnesium and potassium. (Clams and oysters provide similar benefits.)

No comments:

Post a Comment