Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Chicken, Turkey Bacon, and Swiss Sandwich w/ Hash Browns

Dinner Tonight: Chicken, Turkey Bacon, and Swiss Sandwich w/ Hash Browns






Had a good first half of the night and then about 3:00 this morning I started having the Phantom
Pains! So needless to say my sleep was over for the night. They finally stopped around 11:00 this morning. I was tired but I was not going to miss out on this beautiful Spring like day! It was 54 degrees at 6:00 this morning. It was a perfect day out, sunny and near 70 degrees. So I had a light Breakfast, did some light house cleaning, and I was gone outside!. Got the cart out for the afternoon. Went down by the lake and stopped and chatted with the neighbors. Good to see everyone and to be outside. For dinner tonight I prepared a Chicken, Turkey Bacon, and Swiss Sandwich w/ Hash Browns.








To make the Sandwich I'll need; PERDUE® Crispy Chicken Strips, Jennie - O Turkey Bacon
Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Hamburger Buns.










To prepare it I preheated the oven to 425°F . Sprayed a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Placed frozen strips in single layer on baking sheet. Baked for 16 to 18 minutes, or until heated through. Internal temperature should reach 150°F - 160°F. Turn patties halfway through heating time. Golden brown and delicious! Love these, I've been having them for lunch for a while now and thought I would have them for dinner for a change.





As the Chicken Strips were baking I fried my Turkey Bacon. Used a large skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and heated it on medium heat. When heated, I fried up 4 slices of the Jennie- O Turkey Bacon. I only needed 2 of the slices but as always when frying Bacon you have to use Bacon math on the calculations of how much you need and how much to fry! Always cook an extra 2 slices of Bacon because you know your going to grab a slice or two as you're frying it. When cooked set the Bacon on a paper towel lined plate until ready to use.








To build the Sandwich I took the bottom bun and started with a slice of Swiss Cheese, Kraft Mayo, Chicken Strips, Turkey Bacon, Stone Ground Mustard, and top half of bun. And Done! One very good Chicken Sandwich! Then for a side for my Sandwich I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.










PERDUE® Crispy Chicken Strips

Fully Cooked strips are marinated and breaded. Product is in a net weight (26 oz.) bags. Frozen.

* Fully Cooked
* Frozen
* Breaded
* Easy to Use

PRODUCT HANDLING
COOKING & PREP
Conventional/Toaster Oven (Preferred Methods) Preheat Oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place frozen strips in single layer on baking sheet. Bake on middle oven rack for 16 to 18 minutes, or until heated through. Internal temperature should reach 150°F - 160°F. Turn patties halfway through heating time. Microwave Oven Place 4-6 frozen strips in single layer on a microwave safe plate lined with paper towel. Heat, uncovered, on high for 2 to 3 minutes, turning halfway through heating time. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.

INGREDIENTS
BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST WITH RIB MEAT, WATER. CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS. BREADED WITH: WHEAT FLOUR, WATER, SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS. CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF NATURAL EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, DEXTROSE, NATURAL PAPRIKA AND ANNATTO EXTRACTS.

https://www.perdue.com/products/perdue-crispy-chicken-strips-26-oz/80471/

No comments:

Post a Comment