Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Golden Hominy, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Golden Hominy, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread





Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are having a good one! Wow, what a bright moon last night and early morning! Beautiful Moon out. Had a light Breakfast of a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. After Breakfast I made an early run to Walmart, needed printing ink and paper. Then stopped in Meijer to pick up a few items and back home for the day! It's a beautiful Easter Day out there, mostly sunny and high near 70 degrees! Got the cart out for a while this afternoon. Rode around the neighborhood and down by the lake, so nice out! Mom and Dad went to an Easter Dinner with some friends. For my dinner I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Golden Hominy, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread.





I just didn't feel like preparing some big Easter dinner, so I went with a delicious comfort food meal. I grabbed a Pork Chops from the freezer that I had purchased from Costco and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Then to prepare my Chop I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists  of;  1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork. Hard to beat these Costco Pork Chops, always top quality.






I served it with some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes, which I just microwave and serve. Then I also heated up a can Kroger Brand Golden Hominy. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. And finally I baked a loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment