Sunday, March 20, 2016

Blackened Grouper w/ Loaded Baked Potato Casserole and Steam Crisp Sweet Corn

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Grouper w/ Loaded Baked Potato Casserole and Steam Crisp Sweet Corn Kernels





Started the day off with a Breakfast Sandwich. I scrambled some Egg Beater’s Egg Whites, fried
some Bologna, topped with a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Sharp Cheddar Cheese. We had a chilly morning around here today to start off the first day of Spring, about 28 degrees this morning and sunny and windy. Didn't warm up a whole lot this afternoon either. Did some cleaning around the house and outside, the wind was really cold out there! Have to take my car over in the morning to be worked on. I think I need a new Battery, another car bill! Anyway for dinner tonight it's a Blackened Grouper w/ Loaded Baked Potato Casserole and Steam Crisp Sweet Corn Kernels.




I’ll be using the Gulf Coast Grouper that I had in the freezer. It's one of the fillets of Fish a friend of
mine gave me on their return from Florida. I put it in the fridge to thaw overnight. To prepare it I rinsed the fillets off in cold water and patting dry. I melted a tablespoon of butter, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then brushed both sides of the fillet with the Butter and seasoned it with Sea Salt and then with Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning. I then I got out my favorite skillet, The Cast Iron Skillet. When the pan was fully heated, on medium heat, I added my Grouper. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead Exhaust Fan on, it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready for the table! Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This fish turned out so good, hard to describe! Moist and bursting with flavor. Just something about Gulf Seafood. The Zatarain’s Seasonings are perfect for any Seafood.



For one side dish I prepared a box of Idahoan Loaded Potato Homestyle Casserole. I love all the
Idahoan Potato Products. A very quick and easy way to prepare some delicious piping hot Potato Dishes. For another side I heated up a can of Green Giant Steam Crisp Super Sweet Yellow and White Whole Kernel Corn. My favorite canned corn, delicious Sweet Corn. Fish, Potatoes, Corn, this works! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.





Zatarain’s Blackened SeasoningZatarain's Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx




Kitchen Dictionary: Grouper
A fish weighing from 5-15 pounds. The flesh is lean and firm, but the skin is strongly flavored and should be removed before cooking. Popular varieties are the black grouper, Nassau grouper, red grouper and yellowmouth/yellowfin grouper.

Season: available year-round
* How to prepare: braise, grill, poach, saute, steam
* Matches well with: garlic, honey, lemon, mustard, spinach, white wine
* Substitutions: halibut, sea bass, snapper

Popular Grouper Recipes
* Baked Grouper Creole/Parmesan
* Blackened Grouper
* Caribbean Jerk Grouper

Nutrition Facts
Calculated for 1 fillet
Amount Per Serving %DV
Calories 238
Calories from Fat 23 (9%)
Total Fat 2.6g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.6g 3%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 95mg 31%
Sodium 137mg 5%
Potassium 1250mg 35%
Total Carbohydrate 0.0g 0%

http://www.food.com/library/grouper-72

No comments:

Post a Comment