Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Seasoned Haddock w/ Whole Baby Carrots and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Whole Baby Carrots and Cut Green Beans




Had a light Breakfast, Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin topped with Smucker's Sugar Free
Blackberry Jam. After Breakfast I headed up to Kroger, Didn't go to the one up the street, it's a smaller Kroger and they carry fewer items than the bigger stores. Plus it's always poorly stocked! So I went to the Kroger Market Place which is a bit further away. They had some sale items I needed and loaded up on some fresh produce. I had read an article on Red Bananas and Kroger had some so I bought 3 of them. Red bananas are shorter, plumper and heartier than the average banana and taste's like a dry and chalky starch. When ripe, it will have a thick, brick red peel and ivory-hued semi soft flesh. Its flavor is sweet and creamy with raspberry highlights. So I had one for my mid-day snack and didn't care for it. I didn't like the texture or taste of it, gave it a try though. I also bought a new 4 qt. Crock Pot to replace the one that quit working. So for my dinner tonight I prepared a Seasoned Haddock w/ Whole Baby Carrots and Cut Green Beans.




I had a few bags of the Haddock Fillets in the freezer, that I had purchased from Jungle Jim's Market,
so I grabbed 1 bag and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. I had already cleaned and cut the fillet into smaller pieces. To prepare them I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is. The Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri is a perfect seasoning for the mild Haddock.






For one side to go with the Haddock I prepared a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These
are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.









Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

Big easy lemon squeezy. That’s the secret to an authentic Southern-style fish fry: a crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice. Just add your favorite fresh fish like trout, redfish, catfish or flounder.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 1140mg 48%
Total Carb: 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%
Sugar: 0g

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment