Had a bowl of Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs for Breakfast, love these have them as a snack a lot.
Outside we had our first taste of Winter. Wind Chill was in the low 20's and had a light coating of snow. The early morning wind chill froze it so there was some slick spots. Around Noon I ran Mom up to our local Kroger for some items she needed and I picked up a couple of bags Salt De-Icer. I was hoping we wouldn't need any, wishful thing on my part! For dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.
I had purchased the Cod from Kroger the other day and had it in the freezer. I laid 2 small fillets in
I also baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4