From the Joslin Diabetes Center website (http://www.joslin.org/index.html). These are just some of the helpful tips to help deal with Diabetes, check the site out for all the tips. - A Word about Dairy.....
Many dairy products used in cooking and baking are high in fat. You can lower the fat content without compromising taste.
* Try low fat cheeses, skim or low-fat milk, and low-fat and non-fat yogurt.
* Use evaporated skim milk when making cream sauces.
* Cook with an egg substitute.
* Try fat-free half and half in coffee.
* Use small amounts of trans fat-free margarine.