Wow, I was up at 6:00 this morning and rolled out to fetch the morning papers and it was like walking into a steam bath! Today will be in the 90's and extremely humid. So for Breakfast I prepared a Poached Egg, fried 3 slices of Jennie - O Turkey Bacon, toasted a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. If you live around here in West Chester and you are looking for a Pest Control I highly recommend Affordable Pest Control in Fairfield, Ohio. We had a problem with Carpenter Ants and they wiped them out for us, great job guys. They did a follow up spray for us this afternoon. So the humidity kept me indoors today. I don't mind the heat but can't deal with the humidity. For dinner tonight I prepared a Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage w/ Baked Shoestring Fries.
I used the healthy and delicious Jennie O Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages. I had it in the freezer so I let it thaw overnight in the fridge. I pan fried it, using Pam w/ Olive Oil Cooking Spray and no oil needed. Heated the pan on medium and cooked a total of about 17 minutes, turning the Sausages occasionally. They fry up plump and brown, as always Jennie – O Products always have that fresh taste to them. The Sausages have 160 calories and 0 carbs per Sausage. I served it on a Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun and topped with French’s Spicy Brown Mustard. Love these, thank you Jennie – O!
Then for a side I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. I normally have Ore Ida Crinkle Fries but I wanted to change it up a bit so I’m going with the Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries again. The more I have these the more I'm liking them! Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 18 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a Del Monte No Sugar Added Peach Chunk Cup.
Jennie O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
* Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
* Lovers of sweet Italian sausage have found a perfect option
* Gluten Free
* 65% less fat than regular pork sausage
* Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
* Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
* Place dinner sausages on grill rack 4 inches from heat source.
* Grill approximately 16 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally.
* Always cook to well done, 165 °F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
STOVE TOP METHOD:
* Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
* Preheat skillet over medium-high heat.
* Place dinner sausage in hot skillet.
* Cook covered, turning occasionally, 17 – 19 minutes.
* Always cook to well-done, 165º F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
* Learn how to safely handle turkey
Jennie O – Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Lean
Calories 160 Sodium 670 mg
Total Fat 10 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 17 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries
Lightly seasoned with sea salt, these Julienne Fries make your everyday French fry wonder where it went wrong.
Ingredients: Organic Potatoes, Organic Canola Oil and/or Organic Sunflower Oil and/or Organic Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.
Serving Size 3 oz (84 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 36
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 310mg 9%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%