Thursday, June 23, 2016

Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Baked Fingerling Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Today’s Menu: Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Baked Fingerling Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and French Bread




I was awakened about 3:00 this morning by the severe storms that moved through the area. Heavy wind, hail, and some heavy rain. It slowed up and I fell back to sleep and then around 5:00 this
morning the next round came through. We had some trees down and flooding in the area, no damage around here though. So after all the excitement I woke up hungry! I prepared a couple of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, 1 Egg Sunny Side Up, 2 slices of toasted Healthy Life Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Green Tea. Not a bad way to start the day! After Breakfast did a load of laundry. After that I ran the vacuum, and dusted (hate dusting). After Lunch I headed over to spend the afternoon with Dad at the rehab center, he's being released onthe 28th of this month. Been 2 months since he's been home. For dinner tonight it's Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Baked Fingerling Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.


I’m using the Florida Gulf Coast Grouper my friends dropped off to me yesterday on their return
from Florida. It’s another one of those beautiful Grouper fillet! To prepare it I rinsed the fillet off in cold water and patted it dry with paper towel. Then I cut it into smaller pieces.  I then seasoned them it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Lite Butter and rolled the fillet in the Butter. I then added the Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning, coating both sides of the fillet.





I prepared it in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. When the pan was fully heated, on medium heat, I added my Grouper. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead
Exhaust Fan on, because it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready! Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when you Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This is one delicious Grouper! The fresh taste of the Grouper, so meaty, along with the Blackening Season are a perfect combo. Love Fish, Love Seafood! Plus as you can tell as big as this filet was I only had half of it for dinner. The other half for lunch tomorrow!




Then I also Baked some Fingerling Potatoes, picked up a bag at our local Kroger. They come in a small bag, Melissa’s Fingerling Potato Medley. It’s a variety of 4-5 different Potatoes including Fingerling Potatoes, which I love using! To prepare them I started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Love those Potatoes! Perfect side dish for any dinner, especially Fish.


Then I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury
French Bread. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.















Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment