Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Cheddar Pierogies and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Cheddar Pierogies and Cut Green Beans




For Breakfast I had a couple of Eggo Waffles and the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After my morning workout I headed to Mejeir and then dropped my Kroger for a couple of items before heading back home. Not quite as hot and humid as the past couple of days, but still a little uncomfortable. Went and seen Dad after I had lunch. He's doing better, he's been walking using a walker. So he is getting stronger. But we will need help after he returns home. We are checking into Home Health Care options. On my way back home stopped and got the car washed and vacuumed the inside. So for dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Cheddar Pierogies and Cut Green Beans.




While at Costco a while back I had purchased another package of the Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. it was a good size package with 24 slices. I had them froze in the freezer, 3 to a package. So I got a bag of the medallions out and let them thaw in the fridge oversight.









I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat on
the stove. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Oregano. Added the Pork to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then baked them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork was so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and very moist. I’ll have to buy another package next visit to Costco!


Then for one side I prepared a box of Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar Mini Pierogies. I tried another brand
of Pierogies but they couldn’t come close to the Mrs. T’s Brand! To prepare them; bake at 400 degrees for 17 minutes, turning halfway through the baking time. Easily prepared and delicious! Nice even balance of Potatoes and Cheese in a Pastry Shell. If you’ve never had them, they’re like a stuffed dumpling. Then for another side I heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.









Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Mini Pierogies:

Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Creamy Whipped Potatoes, Folded in a Pasta Shell

Mrs. T's Mini Four Cheese Medley Pierogies:
* 28 mini pierogies
* Cheddar, parmesan, romano, and swiss cheeses and creamy whipped potatoes folded in a mini pasta shell
* Satisfying
* Delicious
* Kosher

Ingredients
WATER, ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), POTATO FLAKES (POTATOES, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, CITRIC ACID), SOYBEAN OIL, DEHYDRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE (CHEDDAR CHEESE [PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES], DISODIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, ONION, NATURAL FLAVOR, EGGS, YEAST EXTRACT, WHEY, SPICE, ANNATTO AND TURMERIC (COLOR)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 85 G
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 160
Calories From Fat 40
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.5 G 7
Saturated Fat 1 G 5
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 5 Mg 2
Sodium 390 Mg 16
Total Carbohydrate 27 G 9
Dietary Fiber 1 G 4
Sugars 1 G
Protein 4 G

No comments:

Post a Comment