Thursday, June 2, 2016

Leftovers - Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Gumbo

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers - Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Gumbo w/ Baked Italian Loaf Bread





Just a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. Then about 7:30 Mom drove me over to pick my car up at the shop. Everything good to go again! From there we went to a Med Store and picked out a lift chair for Dad, it will be delivered Monday afternoon. Dad is doing better and slowly getting back on his feet. He's having 2 a day therapy sessions.



Went to Kroger late this afternoon for a few items and got caught in one of the hardest rains I've ever
been caught in! I was in a electric shopping cart bringing my groceries out, it was just a light sprinkle. As I was unlocking the car the monsoon came out of no where! In seconds I was drenched. It was coming down so hard cars were pulling off because they couldn't see. I finally managed to get my groceries in the car and grabbed my walker and got in the car. I had a towel laying in the back seat so I was a few minutes attempting to dry off some. I live about 1 1/2 miles from Kroger and about a 1/4 mile from home the rain stopped and at the house it hadn't rained a drop! I had to take my shirt, hat, shoes and socks off before going in the house. Threw everything in the washing machine and went ahead and did the laundry. Now are whole county is under a flood warning and still no rain here at the house, amazing! Anyway it's leftovers for dinner tonight. I reheated the Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Gumbo for my Dinner tonight. I've left the original post from last night below. Later and stay dry!




What is not to like with this meal of; Gumbo, Shrimp, and Smoked Turkey Sausage! To make it I
used a box of Zatarain’s Gumbo Pasta Dinner Mix for the Gumbo base, 1 1/2 Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausages (sliced into bite size slices), a bag of Kroger Brand Jumbo Shrimp (that I precooked before adding to the Gumbo), and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.







The Zatarain’s Gumbo Pasta Dinner Mix uses Pasta instead of Rice. Very easy to prepare, takes about
25-30 minutes. I just boil the stock that’s in the packet, add the sliced the Turkey Sausage to the stock along with a few shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and continued to cook for 10-15 minutes. Then I added the Shrimp and simmered another 2-3 minutes. And the Gumbo is ready to serve and It turns out fantastic! Nice flavor, incredible tasting stock, meaty Shrimp and Sausage, and plenty of Pasta, makes one easily prepared hearty and delicious dish. Plus enough leftovers for a couple of lunches too! I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment