From the Joslin Diabetes Center website, some great advice on eating healthy. Check their website out when you get a chance! (http://www.joslin.org/index.html)
* Choose leaner cuts of meats. Buy select cuts instead of prime.
* Eat seafood twice a week. Good choices are salmon, sardines, and mackerel.
* Limit processed food like hot dogs, ham, and deli meat.
* Limit red meat. Have no more than 4 ounces, three times a week.
* Buy extra lean ground beef or use ground turkey or chicken.
* Eat a large amount of vegetables. Half your plate should be veggies at every meal.