Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chili Rub Boneless Pork Loin Fillet w/ Whole New Potatoes and Sliced Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Chili Rub Boneless Pork Loin Fillet w/ Whole New Potatoes and Sliced Carrots






For Breakfast this morning I prepared 1 medium size Egg (Sunnyside Up), 3 slices of Jennie - O Turkey Bacon, toasted 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Hungry no longer! After Breakfast it was house cleaning day; dusted, ran the vacuum, and did some laundry for Mom. I also had bought 2 more packages of Furniture Coasters. I've been putting the coasters under all our furniture, it makes it a lot easier to move furniture around and to move it to clean. Full day of cleaning and time for Dinner. Tonight I prepared a Chili Rub Boneless Pork Loin Fillet w/ Whole New Potatoes and Sliced Carrots.


I had purchased the Boneless Pork Loin Fillet at Meijer a while back and had it in the freezer. Last night before I hit the sack I layed the Pork in the fridge to thaw overnight. To make the dish I'll need; 1 Boneless Pork Loin Fillet, 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder, 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt, and 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper. You can adjust the amount of spices according to your own tastes.








Preheat the oven on 400 degrees. I'm using a Cast Iron Skillet to prepare the Pork. First spray the skillet with Pam Cooking Spray and add 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil also. Preheat the skillet on the stove on medium heat. As the skillet is heating; In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, and cayenne. Rub the mixture over all sides of the meat, pressing it to adhere.





When the skillet had heated add the Pork Fillet. Sear for 2 minutes and flip it over and sear another 2 minutes. Then put the skillet in the oven and roast. You'll want to roast until you get an internal temperature of 145 - 150 degrees. I roasted mine for 20 minutes, that will vary depending on the size of the fillet or roast. The Fillet came super moist with a beautiful crust! Slicing into it was so tender! Love the Meijer Pork always delicious. Mom had hers with a side of JB's Fat Boy Haug Waush BBQ Sauce, with or without Sauce you'll love this recipe!





For one side dish I opened up a can of Kroger Brand Whole New Potatoes and heated those up. Love using these, so much easier to prepare than normal Potatoes and just as fresh! Then for a second side I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced Carrots. Another canned Vegetable that's as good as fresh.Growing up I wouldn't look at a Carrot, now I could have them every day! I also reheated some leftover Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread, this is our family's favorite Bread to bake. Having a Dinner like this is why I never miss eating out. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment