Sunday, June 5, 2016

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans/Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans/Potatoes





For my Breakfast I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter along with my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After I Breakfast I went to McDonald's to pick up Mom's Breakfast for her. Mom went on to Church and then over to see Dad. Besides going to McDonald's for Mom I stayed home all day! I needed to get some cleaning done, laundry for Mom, and a late afternoon nap. For dinner tonight I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans/Potatoes.



I grabbed a couple of Pork Chops from the freezer, that I had purchased from Meijer, and let them thaw overnight in the fridge.












 Then to prepare my Chops I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian
Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork.




For a side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish!








Then for another side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I really like
using the Del Monte Cut Green Beans and New Potatoes, contains 2 of my favorite vegetables (Green Beans and Potatoes). I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment