For Breakfast I had a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Then about 11:00 Dad finally made it back home! It's been a struggle for him since the collapsed lung, he was in rehab over 2 months. But at almost 95 years old it's tough to come back. Good to have him home. Not as hot and a lot less humid out today. Sunny and 84 degrees out. Did some cleaning on the outside of the house and got the cart out for a spin around the neighborhood. For dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Potato Puffs.
I had the Cod in the freezer. So I laid a package of it in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare the Cod I rinsed the fillet off with cold water and patted dry. Then seasoned them with McCormick
Then for a side dish I prepared some Alexia Potato Puffs. Second time I've had these and really like them! To prepare them; Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the frozen potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Baked for 25, stirring halfway through the cooking time. And we another Keeper Potato Product! Browned up perfect with excellent seasoning. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4