Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Grilled Ham and Cheese w/ Baked Crinkle Fries

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Ham and Cheese w/ Baked Crinkle Fries




Started my day off with a couple of Jennie- O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, an Egg Beater's Egg White Scrambled Egg (topped with a sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese), and a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Also my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A very good start to the day! We have another gloomy and rainy day out there again, in the 50's though. Rain outside and it was clean the house today on the inside. Dusted, vacuumed, and cleaned the oven today, For dinner tonight, broke out the comfort food to drive those rainy day blues away! I prepared a Grilled Ham and Cheese w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.



I used Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham, Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and Aunt Millie's
Whole Grain Bread. I had purchased the  Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham at Kroger, on sale the other day. I love all the Boar's Head Meats and Cheese. Always fresh and lower in calories and sodium. To make the sandwich I buttered one side of both slices of bread with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and then on the unbuttered sides layered the Ham and then the Cheese. I then grilled the sandwich in a preheated pan that I had sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. Grilling both sides until golden brown. I love a Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but the Ham makes it even better! A Classic Comfort Food Sandwich on rainy and dreary day.



For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. Also had a Diet Peach Snapple to drink. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.









Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham
Water added.

A sweet treat that is nutritious and delicious. This ham has 100% pure maple syrup and golden honey
baked right in, making it a great choice for sandwiches and salads alike.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size Serv Size 2 oz (56g)
Serving Per Container Varied
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 570mg 24%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 3g
Protein 10g 20%

http://boarshead.com/products/ham/150-maple-glazed-honey-coat-ham

No comments:

Post a Comment