Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday's Chili - Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili

This week's Saturday's Chili is one of my own recipes, Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili. I love this
stuff! Made with Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round 99% Lean Buffalo, 3 different Beans, and a load of Spices. I enjoy this with Cornbread, Johnny Cakes, or just a big bowl of it with a sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar or Shredded Dutch Gouda and a teaspoon of Daisy Reduced Fat Sour Cream. Due to limited freezer space around the Holidays I hadn't had or made any in a while. But I just got an order of Wild Idea Buffalo Products I had ordered so I made a big batch of it. Hope you love it as much as I do!

* A note on the Beans I used. I normally use Bush Beans and used Bush Beans this time but I used the new Bush's Chili Beans (Red Beans) in Mild Chili Sauce, Bush's Chili Beans (Kidney Beans) in Mild Chili Sauce, and then my usual Bush's Cannelloni Beans (White Kidney Beans). The new Bush's Beans in Chili Sauce work great, excellent flavor and a hint of heat.


Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili

Ingredients:

2 lb. Wild Idea Ground Buffalo Ground Round, 99% Lean
2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
1 Can (15 oz.) Chili Beans
1 Can (15 oz.) Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 Can (15 oz.) Great Northern Beans, rinsed
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix
1 White Onion (medium), Chopped or Minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Unseeded and Chopped
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick)
1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick)
1 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin
2 Tsps Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves
5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.
Shredded Cheese, I used Grated Dutch Gouda (Topping)
Oyster Crackers

Directions:
*Brown Buffalo in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 min. or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining spices and ingredients except 1 can of the tomato paste.
*ADD to slow cooker and add in the remaining 1 can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water.
*COVER with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 5 to 6 hours).

*Serve in bowl or mug with cheese and the oyster crackers, A Tablespoon of fat-free sour cream, or serve with some home made cornbread.




Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round, 99% Lean

We use the Top Round and the Sirloin Tip cuts and remove all visible fat, for this super lean meat. It is rich and dark in taste and color. Substitute for any of your favorite ground dishes.
http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment