Thursday, December 24, 2015

Fried Walleye Fillets w/ Black - Eyed Peas and Diced New Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillets w/ Black - Eyed Peas and Diced New Potatoes




For breakfast this morning I made Scrambled Eggs using 2 medium Eggs and a couple of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links. After breakfast I went to Kroger for Mom. Went early to avoid the mayhem that all stores will be facing today! Not a bad day to be Christmas Eve, sunny and a high in the 50's. I'm not sure if it's the weather or something else, it doesn't seem like Christmas. Friends of mine say the same thing. Not sure what it is. For dinner tonight it's Fried Walleye Fillets w/ Black - Eyed Peas and Diced New Potatoes.





I had the Walleye in the freezer so I laid the fillets in the fridge overnight to thaw. They are  some of
the fillets I had bought at Meijer a while back, and some of the best Walleye we've had. To prepare them I rinsed them off in cold water and patted dry with paper towel. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put them in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till all fillets were well coated. I then fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor. Along with Crappie, they're my favorite Fresh Water Fish to eat.




For one side I prepared a can of Kroger Brand Black Eyed Peas. First time I tried these and really enjoyed them, have to keep a can or two in the pantry. To prepare them just emptied the can into a small sauce pan and heated until warmed, low simmered so not to overcook.






Then for another side it was Del Monte Diced New Potatoes. I've had these many times and as always delicious! To prepare these; empty the Potatoes into a small sauce pan and heat on medium heat until heated through. Fish, Beans, and Potatoes for Dinner! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.








Walleye

Walleye is a freshwater perciform fish native to most of Canada and to the Northern United States. It is a North American close relative of the European pikeperch. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Sander vitreus
Higher classification: Sander
Mass: 24 lbs (Adult)
Conservation status: Least Concern (Population stable)

Rank: Species


Nutrition Facts
Calories 105
Calories from fat 12
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.4g 2%
Sat. Fat 0.3g 1%
Cholesterol 97mg 32%
Sodium 58mg 2%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 21.6g
Calcium 124.3mg
Potassium 439.6mg

No comments:

Post a Comment