Saturday, December 12, 2015

Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili

Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili




After a light Breakfast I went to Walmart to finish up some Christmas Shopping done. And what a warm morning to start, about 60 degrees! We had a high near 70 but cloudy with light showers. Better than 20 degrees and snow! Did manage to get the cart out for a while in between showers. Early today I got a Crock Pot full of 3 Bean Buffalo Chili on! Couldn't wait for dinner tonight!





I love this stuff! Made with Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round 99% Lean Buffalo, 3 different Beans, and a load of Spices. I enjoy this with Cornbread, Johnny Cakes, or just a big bowl of it with a sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar or Shredded Smoked Gouda and a teaspoon of Daisy Reduced Fat Sour Cream. Due to limited freezer space around the Holidays I hadn't had or made any in a while. But I just got an order of Wild Idea Buffalo Products I had ordered, made room in the freezer and made a big batch of it. Hope you love it as much as I do!



As I said I’ve been out of Chili for a while now so I'm ready! It’s loaded with nothing but good
things. I use 2 lbs. of Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round (99% Lean) which is the best tasting Ground Buffalo that I’ve found. The 3 Beans I use are 1 Can (15 oz.) Chili Beans, 1 Can (15 oz.) Kidney Beans (rinsed), and 1 Can (15 oz.) Great Northern Beans (rinsed). Then I mix in 1 Red Onion (medium Chopped or Minced), 1 Jalapeno Pepper (Unseeded and Chopped), and 3 Cloves Minced Garlic. For my spices I use 1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix, 2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste, 1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick), 1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick), 1 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin (McCormick), 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon (McCormick), 1 Tbs of Chopped Cilantro Leaves (McCormick), and 5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste (I usually add a lot more dashes!). Throw in a 1/2 cup of Water and put the lid on the Crock Pot and set on low for 5-6 hours.After about 3 hours in the Crock Pot the kitchen is filled with an incredible aroma of Chili!




* A note on the Beans I used. I normally use Bush Beans and used Bush Beans this time but i used the new Bush's Chili Beans (Red Beans) in Mild Chili Sauce, Bush's Chili Beans (Kidney Beans) in Mild Chili Sauce, and then my usual Bush's Cannellini Beans (White Kidney Beans).The new Bush's Beans in Chili Sauce work great, the Beans are bit bigger, excellent flavor, and a hint of heat.





When ready let Chili Fest begin! With the sweetness of the Buffalo combined with all those spices
and beans, it’s just hard to beat! You can serve it many ways; in a bowl or mug and top it with your favorite Cheese or Chopped Green Onions with a side of Oyster Crackers. Another way to have it is served on top of a Johnny Cake (Cornbread) or have a side of Cornbread with it. I'll even use some of the Chili to make a Chili and Cheese Omelet in the morning for Breakfast! Anyway you want to have it will work. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.






Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili

Ingredients:

2 lb. Wild Idea Ground Buffalo Ground Round, 99% Lean
2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
1 Can (15 oz.) Chili Beans
1 Can (15 oz.) Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 Can (15 oz.) Great Northern Beans, rinsed
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix
1 White Onion (medium), Chopped or Minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Unseeded and Chopped
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick)
1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick)
1 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin
2 Tsps Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves
5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.
Shredded Cheese, I used Grated Dutch Gouda (Topping)
Oyster Crackers

Directions:
*Brown Buffalo in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 min. or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining spices and ingredients except 1 can of the tomato paste.
*ADD to slow cooker and add in the remaining 1 can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water.
*COVER with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 5 to 6 hours).

*Serve in bowl or mug with cheese and the oyster crackers, A Tablespoon of fat-free sour cream, or serve with some home made cornbread.




Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round, 99% Lean

We use the Top Round and the Sirloin Tip cuts and remove all visible fat, for this super lean meat. It is rich and dark in taste and color. Substitute for any of your favorite ground dishes.
http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment