Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries
Started the morning off with a Poached Egg, a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. gave the Kitchen a good cleaning after Breakfast and on to the outside cleaning leaves up on our wooden deck and around the driveway. The trees in the woods in back of us really hasn't started to fal yet, it's all the trees in everyone's yard that are falling. Later in the afternoon I went to the funeral home, a long time family friend had passed away. Back home did some light cleaning and stored some outside furniture in the shed. For dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.
I had purchased the Cod from Kroger a while back and had it in the freezer. I laid 2 small fillets in the
I also baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4