Tuesday, October 27, 2015

BBQ Country Style Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread

Dinner Tonight: BBQ Country Style Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread



After Breakfast I went to McDonald's to pick up Mom and Dad's Breakfast. As I was leaving
McDonald's I was coming to a red light and started slowing down and my brake line busted. I wasn't going very fast so it was easy to stop, and I was close to home. Called a tow truck when I got home and had it towed to the mechanic I always use. My car has 148,000 miles on it and I'm replacing a few things on now and then but still cheaper than a car payment. Just hope my run of car problems don't continue! Anyway for dinner tonight it's all comfort food! I prepared BBQ Country Style Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread.






While in Kroger yesterday I noticed they had Country Style Pork Ribs on sale so I picked a package up. It's been quite some time since I've had any. So tonight I'm preparing BBQ Country Style Ribs. A simple and easy recipe to prepare. I'll need: 1 package Country Style Pork Ribs, Minced Garlic, Sea Salt, JB''s Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce, and JB's Fat Boy Premium All Purpose Rub.







Then to prepare them I preheated the oven to 250 degrees F. In a shallow baking pan I placed the ribs in a single layer; salted and applied the Rub. Spread the garlic on the ribs. Bake in a preheated oven for 2 hours - the ribs should be tender. Drained the grease and liquid. Poured the BBQ sauce over the ribs. Returned to oven and bake one more hour at 200 to 250 degrees F. And let's eat! Fantastic BBQ flavor and the ribs were so moist and tender! We have a good "Keeper Recipe" for Country Style Ribs! The original recipe and web link is at the end of the post.




For one side I heated up some Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes and serve. Just as good as homemade, if not better.




Then I opened up a Mason Jar of our Canned Green Beans, canned in the Summer of 2013. Love
these Beans, they taste just as fresh as the day we bought them. I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread, Mom’s favorite. For dessert later tonight a Healthy Choice Frozen Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.







BBQ Country Style Ribs

Ingredients
10 country style pork ribs
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce

Directions
1 - Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
2 - In a shallow baking pan or roaster, place ribs in a single layer; salt if desired. Spread the garlic on the ribs. Bake in a preheated oven for 2 hours - the ribs should be tender. Drain any grease and liquid. Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs. Return to oven and bake one more hour at 200 to 250 degrees F.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23221/bbq-country-style-ribs/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=996&referringContentType=recipe%20hub

No comments:

Post a Comment