Cold morning out there again, 27 degrees! But it was another cool and sunny Fall day out. Started off my day with a Egg White Scrambled Egg on a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Also I had some Eckrich Turkey Sausage Links and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Not a bad way to kick start my day! Did a couple of loads of laundry for Mom and cleaned up some leaves outside. After that it's Sunday and it's NFL Football for the rest of the afternoon! For dinner tonight I prepared a Cubed Steak Sandwich w/ Fried Polenta and Vegetarian Baked Beans.
I rarely use Beef anymore but when I do it's usually my absolute favorite Cubed Steak, Meijer Cubed
For one side I prepared Fried Polenta. It’s been a while since I had Polenta so when I was at Jungle
Then for another side I opened up a small can of Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans. I had tried these in a dish I prepared a while back and fell in love with the flavor and taste of the Vegetarian Beans! Only 130 calories, 0 fat, and 24 net carbs per serving. To prepare the; just open the can and empty the Beans Into Saucepan. Heat To Simmer until heated through. Love these Beans, becoming my favorite real quick. A simple but delicious dinner tonight! For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Dark Chocolate Mousse Cup.
Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized by fierce pounding with a
In Canada as well as in some parts of the United States, cube steak may be called a minute steak, because it can be cooked quickly.
Others distinguish minute steak as:
* simply referring to the cut, which is not necessarily tenderized;
* thinner than cube steak (hence does not need tenderizing);
* cut from sirloin or round, while cube steak cut is from chuck or round.
The term “minute steak” is also used in the United Kingdom, where the term “cube steak” is little known.
Frieda’s Organic Polenta
* Polenta is an ancient corn meal dish that is very popular in Italian and Mediterranean cuisines.
Traditional, Green Chile & Cilantro, Basil & Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato & Garlic, and Mushroom & Onion.
* Our polenta is vegan and non-GMO.
Quick Usage Ideas
* Slice polenta and broil, pan heat or microwave for individual appetizers, use instead of pasta with sauces, or layer with grilled vegetables and cheese for polenta lasagna.
* All varieties of Frieda’s Organic Polenta are gluten-free!
Selection & Storage
* Code dated for freshness. Shelf-stable at room temperature before opening. Refrigerate once opened and use within 3 days. Not suitable for freezing – causes polenta to separate.