Monday, July 20, 2015

Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips w/ Roma Beans and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips w/ Roma Beans and Baked Potato



We have another extremely humid day out there again! I'll be glad when this weather breaks, don't
mind the heat but can't stand that humidity. For Breakfast this morning I had a Simple Truth Turkey Sausage Patty, Egg White, Cheddar Cheese, on English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich. I've really found a winner in these sandwiches, I bought a box of Simple Truth Breakfast Sandwich but with Canadian Bacon it instead of the Turkey Patty, 20 fewer calories also. I went to Kroger this morning for myself and Mom and back home. Cleaned up outside from last night's rain and wind. Finished up a load of laundry for Mom and then did a few things around the house. For dinner tonight I prepared Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips w/ Roma Beans and Baked Potato.



While at Kroger I picked up a package of PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Lightly Breaded Chicken
Strips. I love using these but always forget about them because they are in the Organic Section of Kroger and never think to look for them. They come fresh and lightly breaded and fully cooked. So to prepare them I preheated the oven on 425 degrees. Grabbed a cookie sheet and lined it in foil and sprayed a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray w/ Olive Oil on it. Lined the Chicken Tenders on it and baked for 8 minutes. Removed the sheet from the oven and flipped the Strips over and continued baking for another 8 minutes. Removed from the oven let stand for 3 minutes and served! Golden Brown, moist and tender, and just flat out delicious. Just love the seasoning and breading on these Chicken Strips makes a very good meal. Served with a side JB's Fat Boy Sticky Stuff BBQ Sauce.




For one side I had a small Russet Baked Potato, topped that with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Pepper Medley and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Then I also reheated some leftover Roma Green Beans, one of my new favorites! I also had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.








PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips (10 oz.), Fresh
Chicken breast strips that are lightly breaded and fully cooked. 10 oz. sealed tray; refrigerated.

http://www.perdue.com/products/details.asp?id=141&title=PERDUE%C2%AE-SIMPLY-SMART%C2%AE-Lightly-Breaded-Chicken-Strips-

No comments:

Post a Comment