Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Buffaloed Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Buffaloed Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Potato



This morning I made something for Breakfast I haven't had in quite a while, Eggo's! I love those
things, just never think about them when I'm in the store. But as I was going through the frozen Food Section of Meijer I seen them and grabbed a box of the Eggo's with Nutrigrain. These are lower in calories than the normal ones. Outside the weather is still the same hot, humid, and muggy! Hopefully that changes tomorrow and gives us some relief. Got the leaf blower out early this morning and blew out all the leaves and such around the house. Back inside had some computer work to catch up on and that was about it. For dinner tonight a new recipe, Buffaloed Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Potato.




I came across a recipe for Buffalo Turkey Burgers so I thought I would convert it over to a Buffaloed
Buffalo Burger.I had a 1 lb. package of Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round, 99% Lean in the freezer so I let it thaw in the fridge overnight. To make this Buffalo creation I'll need; 2 tablespoons Frank's Hot Sauce (divided), 2 teaspoons Roasted Ground Cumin, 2 teaspoons Chili Powder, 2 Garlic Cloves (minced), 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, 1 pound Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round - 99% Lean, 4 Kroger Lite Wheat Buns, 1 cup Shredded Lettuce, and 2 tablespoons Litehouse Lite Blue Cheese Dressing. I knew this was going to be good with all these ingredients!



So to prepare it I started by combining 1 tablespoon hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper, in a large bowl. Add the Buffalo and mixed lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray I cooked the burgers over medium heat about 4 1/2 minutes on each side or until the burgers had a nice char on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Always remember when cooking Buffalo, or Bison if you prefer, meats that Buffalo gets done a lot quicker than Beef or Turkey because it's so lean. I served burgers on buns with lettuce, blue cheese salad dressing and remaining hot sauce. A 1 lb. package will make 4 Burgers. The Wild Idea Buffalo Burgers are good every time but this kicked up version takes a couple of notches higher! Moist, juicy, and delicious. The combo of the hot sauce and blue cheese is perfect with the buffalo. Another Keeper Recipe.




And if having Burgers you got to have Potatoes, and I love Potatoes. So I had a Baked Potato. I
seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley and topped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.












Wild Idea Buffalo - 1 lb. Ground Round, 99% Lean

We use the Top Round and the Sirloin Tip cuts and remove all visible fat, for this 99% super lean ground steak. It's deep red color, dark rich taste, is deliciously low in calories and high in protein. Substitute for any of your favorite ground dishes. Also, delicious for the popular Lebanese dish, kibbeh (pictured) - recipe with purchase. 1 lb. package.

http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/ground-burgers/products/1-lb-ground-round-99-lean

No comments:

Post a Comment