Friday, July 3, 2015

Cumin Spiced Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash and....

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash and Cut Green Beans




Hello from Ohio! Started my day off with a Poached Egg and a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread, also my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Need a few items for tonight's dinner so I ran up to the Kroger up the road. Figured I better go early and avoid the crowds, people buying for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. Back home did a little housekeeping and got some of the prep work done for tonight's dinner. So for dinner tonight it was one of those Comfort Food Meals. I prepared Cumin Spiced Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash and Cut Green Beans.




For the Roast,I’ve been using the Cumin Spice Rub for a while now. I had come across the recipe  on-line, and use it all the time now. It gives the Pork a fantastic crust and great seasoning. I purchased the Pork Tenderloin Boneless Roast (3 1/2 lbs.) from Kroger. To prepare it I’ll need; 1 Pork Tenderloin Roast, 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combined all the ingredients; rub it all over the Pork. Let stand 20 minutes. To Roast it I used a mall Broiler Pan with a Wire Rack in it. Sprayed the Rack with Pam Cooking Spray and put the Pork on it. I baked it for about 1 hour, until my thermometer registered 145° (slightly pink) Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Then got ready to enjoy one delicious Pork Tenderloin Roast! Fantastic combo of Spices, which made one incredible Crust on the Pork with the inside being so tender and moist! This is my favorite Pork recipe by far.



For one side dish a new recipe, Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash. Came across this one in the
latest issue of Taste of Home/Simple and Delicious. Minute I seen it I knew I to try it! I had tried Butternut Squash for the first time just last year and fell in love with it. So when I saw this with the added Spices and Carrots, had to try it! It's an easy recipe to prepare, using my favorite the Crock Pot. To make I'll need the following; 5 large Carrots cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups), 2 cups cubed peeled Butternut Squash (1-inch), 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Honey, 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Ground Roasted Cumin, 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg. The original recipe doesn't call for the Nutmeg but I like using Nutmeg as a Spice when using Squash, it just seems to go perfect with Squash.




Then to prepare it I got the round Crock Pot out, put the plastic bag liner in and sprayed it with Pam
Cooking Spray. Placed carrots and squash in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mixed the  remaining ingredients; drizzled over vegetables and tossed to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir before serving. Squash and the Carrots are hard Vegetables so I took it the full 5 hours. When done I opened that Crock Pot lid up and the aroma was incredible! What a dish, both Carrots and Squash came out tender with just a fantastic flavor. I think the addition of the Nutmeg helped with that flavor. So I have another Keeper Recipe.




Then for my other side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and I had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Cherry Jello Cup.






Natural Pork Tenderloin

Simple Truth Natural Pork comes from pigs raised humanely on family farms, and fed an all-vegetarian diet as nature intended. This results in pork that is tender and flavorful — the way pork should taste.
• No antibiotics — ever
• No added hormones — ever
• No preservatives
• No artificial colors or flavors — ever
• Always 100% vegetarian-fed


http://www.simpletruth.com/products/meat/pork/natural-pork-tenderloin/





Spiced Carrots & Butternut Squash Recipe

Ingredients
5 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-inch)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

Directions
Place carrots and squash in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir before serving.
Yield: 6 servings

Nutritional Facts
2/3 cup equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spiced-carrots---butternut-squash

No comments:

Post a Comment