Thursday, July 2, 2015

Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Steak Fries

Dinner Tonight: Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Steak Fries




It's been a dreary and rainy out today. About 8:00 this morning I went to McDonald's to get Mom and
Dad's Breakfast for them. I was going through the drive - thru and I noticed the car ahead of me the, man in the car got out and looked as though he was counting the cars in line behind us. I got up to the pay window and the server said your meal is paid for. The car ahead of me gave the girl $200 and said just keep paying for the meals until you run out. So thank you to the gentlemen in front of me, a very nice gesture and I hope the nice gesture comes back your way! Ran a couple of errands for Mom and that was about it for my day today. For dinner tonight I prepared Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Steak Fries.





I hadn't prepared these in quite a while and Mom had been wanting them so I went with this for
tonight's dinner. To make these delicious sliders I'll need; Kroger Whole Wheat Slider Buns (12 ct.), Boar's Head Honey Smoked Ham (8 oz.), Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese (6 slices) which is 40 calories and 1 carb per slice (but I’ll only be adding a half a slice per sandwich), 4 Tbsp. butter  melted (Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter), 2 tsp. Dried Onion, 1 1/2 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce, 1 1/2 tsp. Ken's Steak House Lite Poppyseed Dressing, and 1/2 tsp. French's Yellow Mustard. This recipe makes 12 servings. I've made this before making just 6 of them, cutting the Ingredient amounts in half and it came out perfect. By using Ken's Steak House Lite Poppy Seed Dressing, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter, Ultra Thin Slice of Cheese or by going with low fat, reduced fat, low carb you can end up reducing the fat, calorie and carb count on any recipe. It all adds up.




To start; I preheated the oven at 350 degrees. Then to prepare them I started by placing the bottom
half of the bun in a deep baking pan, about 11″ x 14″ pan. Topped the rolls in the pan with ham slices, and top with the Swiss cheese slices. Placed the top of the rolls on the sandwiches. Mixed together the butter, onion, Worcestershire, dressing, and mustard. Then poured the mixture evenly over top the sandwiches. Covered the pan with foil and baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to allow the rolls to crisp. Remove from oven to cool and serve. You'll love these Sliders! Ham and Swiss with the Mustard and Poppy Seed Dressing Mixture is just flat out delicious! Hard to beat these Sliders!




To accompany my Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches I prepared some Baked Ore Ida Steak Fries. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt.














Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Swiss Cheese

Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Natural Swiss Cheese...This sandwich-staple is sliced ultra-thin, so you can add delicious flavor to any club, sub, wrap or pita. Or, see how fast an ultra-thin slice can melt when you try it in a delicious ham Reuben melt.
Features

Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Natural Swiss Cheese
Natural Swiss cheese
40 calories per slice
300mg of the 800-1200mg of calcium most of us need each day in 3 slices
Keep cheese fresh with Fresh-Lock double zipper
Source of protein
Low sodium

Nutrition
1 - Slice

Calories 40                  Sodium 22 mg
Total Fat 3 g                 Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 2 g                Total Carbs 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g                               Protein 3 g
Cholesterol 10 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment