Saturday, March 14, 2015

Chicken ‘n’ Noodles w/ Sliced Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Chicken ‘n’ Noodles w/ Sliced Carrots




Another foggy and rainy day around here, ready for some sunshine! Started my day off by preparing a Poached Egg, 1 Jennie - O Turkey Sausage Pattie (Made from Jennie O Breakfast Ground Turkey), a slice of toasted Klosterman Wheat Bread, and my usual cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Very good way to start the day! Love the Jennie O Breakfast Ground Turkey. The rain finally let up around Noon but not a lot going on outside. We have a whole lot of local flooding and the Ohio River is way above flood level. Did a light load of laundry and settled in for afternoon of College Basketball. For dinner tonight I prepared Chicken ‘n’ Noodles w/ Sliced Carrots.




I used Margaret Holmes Simple Suppers Chicken n Noodles Fixins’.One of my favorite Comfort Foods! I used to buy this at Walmart all the time but Margaret Holmes no longer makes it, lack of sales they say. So now I purchase it on-line from different sites, last of their stock. Anyway it comes in a 5 serving can and contains the Noodles and Seasoning, I added the Chicken. I cut up 2 Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breasts seasoning them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Smoked Cumin, and Parsley. I then fried them in a large skillet, on medium high, until done. When ready, removed them from the pan on to my cutting board. Shredded and cut the Breasts into small pieces. Added the can of Fixins’ to the skillet along with the Chicken. Cooked until it the Sauce was bubbling reduced the heat to low simmered until it was heated throughout. The broth that’s with Noodles is incredible! Rich and thick and seasoned just right. The best Chicken and Noodles, bar none!  I've got 5 cans of this left and that will be the end of it, I checked on line and all the sites are now sold out.




I also had of side of boiled Baby Carrots and a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.













Margaret Holmes Simple Suppers Chicken n’ Noodles

Chicken n’ Noodles will become a comfort-food favorite in any household. Add boneless, skinless chicken breast to a can of Simple Suppers Chicken n’ Noodles, which is filled with plump noodle dumplings and special seasonings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size Serving size 2/3 cup as packaged (174g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 45
Calories 230

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 860mg 36%
Potassium 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 0g
Protein 8g

No comments:

Post a Comment