Monday, February 27, 2017

Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Oven Fries

Dinner Tonight: Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Oven Fries





For Breakfast this I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker’s Sugar Free Blackberry Jam and as usual had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside we had rain on and off for most of the day, about 49 degrees for a high. After Lunch I went to the rehab center to see Dad and while there I went to therapy with him. He's doing really good with it, might get to home soon! Back home and not a lot going on the rest of the day. For Dinner tonight I prepared Catfish Nuggets w/ Cut Italian Beans and Oven Fries.





I had purchased the Catfish Nuggets from Kroger and had them in the freezer so I let them thaw in the fridge overnight. To prepare them I rinsed the Catfish Nuggets off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Seasoned them with Sea Salt. Then put them in a Hefty Plastic Storage Bag and added Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri Breading Mix, shook the bag until all the Nuggets were coated. Then pan fried them in a medium size skillet in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Fried each side about 3 1/2 minutes, until a golden brown. The Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri is perfect for the Catfish, great flavor and the Nuggets were good size and meaty. I love using all these Zatarain’s Products!



For one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty the
can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans every day and never get tired of having them.










For another side I prepared some Alexia Oven Fries with Olive Oil, Rosemary and Garlic. I think this is the second time I tried these. I picked a couple of bags of these up at Jungle Jim’s International Market on my last visit there. They are already seasoned with Olive Oil, Rosemary and Garlic. I also seasoned them with some Morton’s Lite Salt. They baked up perfectly and tasted great, as all the Alexia Potato. Great to have a bag of these handy in the freezer!






Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri

The secret of authentic Southern style fried fish is the crispy combination of cornmeal, corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 60
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 630mg 26%
Total Carb: 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0 0%
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 1g
Vitamin A: 2%

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Crispy-Southern

No comments:

Post a Comment