This week's Jennie - O Recipe of the Week is a Breakfast Strata Casserole with Turkey Sausage. You'll be using JENNIE-O® All Natural Turkey Sausage along with Brioche Bread, Swiss Cheese, Swiss Cheese, and more all in a delicious and healthy Casserole. Plus its only 340 calories and 12 net carbs! You can find this recipe along with all the other delicious and healthy recipes at the Jennie- O website. Enjoy and Make the Switch! https://www.jennieo.com/
Breakfast Strata Casserole with Turkey Sausage
This delicious make-ahead breakfast casserole recipe is a great way to use up leftover holiday bread or rolls. Under 500 calories per serving!
1 pound JENNIE-O® All Natural Turkey Sausage
6 cups cubed brioche bread
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
6 green onions, sliced
4 cups half-and-half cream
5 large eggs, lightly beaten or 10-ounces egg substitute
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1) Cook turkey sausage as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
2) Layer bread in lightly greased 13-x 9-inch baking dish. Top with sausage, cheeses and green onions.
3) Whisk together cream, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for eight hours or as long as overnight.
4) Heat oven to 350°F. Let casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 55 minutes or until eggs are set.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Saturated Fat 12g