Thursday, February 23, 2017

Fried Chicken Breasts w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Corn on the Cob

Dinner Tonight; Fried Chicken Breasts w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Corn on the Cob




For Breakfast this morning I prepared a Scrambled Egg, toasted 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain
Bread, and made my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Cloudy out today but a high of 70 degrees! Across the street from us my neighbor's trees already have buds coming out on them. And every ones  Spring Flowers are all coming up, awful early in the year for this. I stayed home today, I'll go see Dad tomorrow. So today I cleaned the house and then went outside and cleaned the wooden deck and driveway. For Dinner tonight its Chicken! I prepared Fried Chicken Breasts w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Corn on the Cob.






I had a package of 2 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts in the freezer that I sat in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare them I'll need; Flour, Litehouse Poultry Seasoning, Morton's Lite Salt, and Ground Black Pepper.








I'm using a medium size skillet to fry the Chicken. I first sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and then
added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil to it, preheated on medium heat. As the skillet was heating I grabbed a pie pan and added a couple of tablespoons of flour to it. I then took the Chicken Breasts and rolled them in the flour, making sure both sides were fully floured. Next I seasoned them with the Poultry Seasoning and the Salt and Pepper. With the skillet heated, I added the Chicken to the skillet. I fried the Chicken until it was golden brown on one side and flipped it over and fried the other side the same way. Checked it with a meat thermometer and it was 165 degrees, perfect.  The Chicken came out moist and tender with a nice crust. I served it with a side of Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Dressing.


To go with the Chicken I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash. This has quickly become a family
favorite. I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Crumbled Bacon Bits, 1/2 tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.






To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the
Olive Oil, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash!









I also boiled some Green Giant Mini Ears of Sweet Corn. If you’ve never tried the Green Giant Corn
you need to! It’s frozen Mini Ears of sweet Corn and you just boil for 10 minutes and you have some of the Sweetest Corn you can find! For dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment