For this week’s Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week, Eggs Benedict with Bison Bresaola. Made with Wild Idea Bison Bresaola, which is 100% grass-fed bison meat, and cure with sea salt and a blend of traditional style Bresaola herbs. Another good one from Jill O’Brien of Wild Idea Buffalo. http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Eggs Benedict with Bison Bresaola
By: Jill O’Brien
Say goodbye to the questionable Canadian Bacon and hello to Wild Idea’s Bison Bresaola! Our
1 – 8 ounce pkg. Wild Idea Bison Bresaola
2 to 4 – English Muffins, split
4 to 8 – farm fresh or organic eggs
2 – teaspoons olive oil
1 – quart boiling water
salt & pepper
Hollandaise Sauce – recipe below
2) In a medium size non stick pan or on griddle, over low heat, heat the piles of Bresaola. About one minute each side. Remove from heat.
3) Toast English muffins in toaster or on griddle until slightly golden. Spread hot muffins with desired amount of butter.
4) To poach multiple eggs, pre-crack eggs into individual ramekins.
5) Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat, and add oil spreading it around. Add eggs one at a time quickly, this helps them set individually. *This method is in-between poached and basted eggs, but it works great!
6) Immediately add the boiling water and cover. Reduce heat to low, and check after one minute. Cover and cook for another minute. Eggs are done when the top of the egg white is sealed and white in color. Continue if needed or until desired doneness is established. Remove poached eggs from pan with a slotted spoon.
7) Place buttered muffins on plates, top with warmed Bresaola, and poached eggs. Season the eggs with a little salt and pepper, and drizzle hollandaise over the eggs as desired. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne or paprika.
*I like my hollandaise a little on the lemony side. If you prefer less, substitute a little water for thinning if needed. If needing to reheat, place sauce in a container and place in a pan of boiling water. Stir to avoid over cooking.
3 – egg yolks
3 – tablespoons lemon juice
1 – teaspoon black pepper
¼ – teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired
1 – stick salted organic butter, melted and still hot
1) Place egg yolks, one tablespoons lemon juice, pepper, and cayenne in a blender and blend until slightly thick.
2) Add melted hot butter through top while blender is still running. Blend to incorporate. Stop until ready to serve.
3) When ready to serve, flash blend again, adding the last tablespoon of lemon juice. Season to taste.
Wild Idea Buffalo 8 oz. Bresaola
We start with our 100% grass-fed bison meat, and cure with sea salt and a blend of traditional style
8 oz. package
Ingredients: Grass-Fed Buffalo meat, Sea Salt, Pure Cane Sugar. Organic:Juniper Berry, Black Pepper, Sage, Rosemary, Marjoram, Cultured Celery Powder, Cardamom.