Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week – Gangnam Style Buffalo Flank Steak
This week's Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week is – Gangnam Style Buffalo Flank Steak. Passing along 2 Wild Idea Buffalo Recipes this week; Gangnam Style Buffalo Flank Steak/Gangnam Style Lettuce Wraps and Gangnam Style Buffalo Stew. The Stew is prepared the same way as the Gangnam Style Lettuce Wraps but you’ll be adding some additional items to it. You can purchase the Wild Idea Buffalo Flank Steak and check out all the Wild Idea Buffalo Healthy and Delicious Recipes all on the Wild Idea Buffalo website. http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Gangnam Style Buffalo Flank Steak
This recipe was inspired by my new addiction to the “Gangnam Style” dance.
The Korean word gangnam, stands for the south side of Seoul, were there are many fancy restaurants and shops. My recipe is a rendition of Bulgogi (Korean B.B.Q.), which can be served a variety of ways. Here are two of my favorite renditions.
Note: Traditionally the Koreans use high-end cuts, but I find that this is not necessary. The flank steak becomes very tender in the marinade. You are going to love this recipe. Get your gangnam on!
Gangnam Style Lettuce Wraps
2 lbs. Buffalo Flank Steak
2 Tb. Sesame Oil
6 cloves garlic
1 Asian pear, or pear, peeled & cored
4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. black pepper
2 Tb. sugar
1 Tb. red pepper flake
Gangnam Style Lettuce Wraps (serves 8)
* Rinse flank steaks, pat dry and remove any exterior fat. Place flank steaks on cutting board, using sharp knife cut flank steak on the bias into ¼ “ slices. To cut steaks on the bias, tilt your knife to a 45* angle (the top of your knife blade should be at the 10:00 position). Place sliced flank steaks into a non-reactive bowl.
* Place remaining ingredients in blender and puree.
* Pour marinade over meat and massage into meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
* Heat a wok to high heat or place a large sauté pan over high heat. Brush pan with a little sesame oil, once hot add marinated meat to pan. Stir meat in a tossing manner while cooking, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Place meat on platter with leaf lettuce or iceberg lettuce, accompany with warm rice or rice noodles and julienned vegetables of your choice, along with sesame seeds, fresh garlic, grated ginger and red pepper flake.
Gangnam Style Buffalo Stew
1 quart buffalo broth, (or vegetable or beef broth)
4 cups variety vegetables, chopped (I used, peppers, squash, mushrooms and green onion.)
4 cups cooked rice
* Prepare as above through #4. Pile meat in center of the wok or pan.
* Add vegetables to pan, circling around meat.
* Add broth and bring to a boil. Push meat down into broth, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
To Serve: Place ½ cup of rice into bowls and ladle with hot stew. Pass with sesame seeds, grated garlic, fresh ginger and red chili flake.