For Breakfast I had a Poached Egg served on a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin.
While at Kroger yesterday I picked up some of our favorite Shrimp, Freshwater Shrimp. My family absolutely love these Shrimp! I rinsed them off in cold water and removed the shells, they were already deveined. To prepare these I’m using McCormick Golden Dipt Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix.
Poured about 1 inch of olive oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat. I then took a 1/2 cup of the Cracker Meal Mix in a Hefty Zip Lock Plastic Bag. Take the peeled shrimp, 3 at a time and place them in the bag and shake until Shrimp had a nice coating on them. Had all the Shrimp coated I then began to fry them. Frying them about 3 minutes the shrimp, a few pieces at a time, in the hot oil until light golden brown turning after 1 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towel lined plate . The McCormick Cracker Meal Mix was excellent! Nice crunch and seasoning!
For the Stuffed Clams; I purchased these at Seafood Department at Kroger. They are Matlaw Stuffed
Clams I preheated the oven on 425 degrees. Lined a small baking sheet with foil and placed the Clams on it. I sprinkled some Sea Salt on them and a drizzle of Lemon Juice. When the oven was ready I baked the Clams until heated through, about 25 minutes. Meaty and seasoned just right and the Louisiana Remoulade Sauce is perfect to dip it in. And yes, these are Parent Approved. Mom and Dad love them! Plus they are only $1 per Clam.
Then for a side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I really like using the
Del Monte Cut Green Beans and New Potatoes, contains 2 of my favorite vegetables (Green Beans and Potatoes). I also baked a loaf of LaBrea Whole Grain Loaf. For dessert later a Weight watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.
McCormick Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix
Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix adds extra crunchiness to fried and baked foods. All ingredients have been specially selected to provide a superior coating that seals in natural juices for fish, seafood, poultry, meats and vegetables.
Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, And Folic Acid), Whey (Milk), Dextrose, And Soybean Oil.
1/4 cup Mix (32g)
All You Need
1/2 cup Cracker Meal
1 lb. Fish or Seafood*
Water or Milk
1. POUR Cracker Meal into shallow dish or large plastic bag. Moisten fish, cut into serving-size pieces, or seafood with water or milk. Shake off excess.
2. COAT fish, several pieces at a time, evenly with Cracker Meal. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard any remaining Cracker Meal. Fry as directed below. Serve with McCormick® Cocktail Sauce or Tartar Sauce. Use the entire package to coat 4 lbs. fish or seafood.
*Best with tilapia, trout, catfish, shrimp, or scallops. Also try with shucked oysters and clams, or soft-shell crabs (pierce several times before coating).
Pan Fry: Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch in a large skillet; heat to 350°F on medium heat. Fry fish, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
Oven Fry: Cover bottom of shallow baking pan with melted butter. Arrange fish or seafood in a single layer in pan; turn to coat with butter. Bake in preheated 425ºF oven 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown around edges and fish flakes easily with a fork.
• For a thicker coating, dip fish in a mixture of 3 tbsp. milk and 2 beaten eggs before coating with Cracker Meal.
• Coat boneless skinless chicken breast halves or chicken parts as directed. Bake in 400ºF oven 20 to 30 minutes for chicken breast halves or 45 to 50 minutes for chicken parts.
• Use Cracker Meal instead of bread crumbs when making meat loaf or meat balls.