Friday, August 31, 2012

Meat and Potatoes!


Today's Menu: Meat and Potatoes w/ 7 Grain Bread




Dinner was basic but flat -out delicious! Meat, Potatoes, Mushrooms, and Bread pretty basic. I normally have Bison when I have Steak but I couldn't pass these Top Sirloin slab of meat up when at Jungle Jim's Market the other day. They age and cut all their own meats there and it's some of the finest around. This was one huge Top Sirloin. I cut in half and could have cut it into thirds and still had plenty. After slicing it into 2 pieces I rubbed Extra Virgin Olive Oil on to both pieces and seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried the steaks in Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium. I had to fry the steaks way longer than normal because of how thick they were. I fried them about 5 1/2 minutes per side and flipped them on to their sides for about 1 minute each. They came out incredible! A beautiful crust on the outside and a pink moist center on the inside. I only had half of the steak so I'll be having the other half in the morning with some of the leftover Roasted Red Potatoes and a Sunny Side Up Egg for breakfast! Plus I still have the second steak left and I'll be making some sandwiches or hogies with that. This steak has paid for itself!

For sides I prepared Sauteed Mushrooms, Roasted Red Potatoes, and 7 Grain Loaf Bread. I left the recipe for the Roasted Red Potatoes at the end of the post. If your looking for a good recipe for potatoes give this one a try! For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn. Pop Corn's perfect for tonight while laid back in the easy chair watching my beloved Cincinnati Reds and then watching one of my all - time favorite Westerns "Silverado" Good Night All!




Roasted Red Potatoes

Ingredients:

Small Gourmet Red Potatoes, quartered
Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, Parsley and Dried Dill, to taste

Directions:

*HEAT oven to 400ºF. Cook Turkey Bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.

*ADD quartered potatoes to reserved drippings; cook 5 min., season while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish.

*BAKE 20-30 min. or until potatoes are tender and done. Top with cheese and parsley,

No comments:

Post a Comment