Monday, August 27, 2012

Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes


Today's Menu: Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes




While at Jungle Jim's Market earlier I came across some of the biggest Veal Cutlets I had ever seen, and of course I had to purchase a couple of packages of it! I froze 1 package and prepared the other for dinner. I got the big three out to bread these beautiful Veal Cutlets; Flour, Egg Beaters, and Panko Bread Crumbs. I seasoned the flour with about 3 shakes of Paprika and seasoned the cutlets with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. These were very thick cutlets so I had to fry them a little bit longer than you would normally fry Veal. I fried them in Canola Oil about 5 minutes per side. And as you can tell by the picture it turned out incredible! The coatings gave it a fantastic golden brown coating and the cutlet was tender and moist, you could cut by using a fork!

For sides I warmed up some leftover Green Beans that my Mom had made the night before, from Green Beans she had purchased from a local Farmer's Vegetable Stand. Along with the Beans I made an individual cup of Idahoans Mashed Potatoes. Just add water and microwave for a 1 and 1/2. easy to fix and a great substitute for homemade mashed potatoes. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Dark Cherry Jello, 910 calories!




Veal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Veal is the meat of young cattle (calves), as opposed to meat from older cattle. Though veal can be produced from a calf of either sex and any breed, most veal comes from male calves (bull calves) of dairy cattle breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment