Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Griddle means Pancakes!


It's about 6:45 am and not a creature is stirring, but ME! I go out and get the Saturday papers, and it's a beautiful morning! A beautiful morning deserves a great Breakfast start. So I heated up the flat griddle and mixed up some Pancake Batter. I always use New Hope Mills Pancake Mix. It makes some nice and fluffy Pancakes while they are only 200 calories and 6 carbs per serving (4 Pancakes). I only had 2 of them and saved the other 2 for Mom. So my calorie count was only 100 and carbs 3! You can't beat that and throw in how good they are. I used Joesph's Sugarless Maple Flavored Syrup, 35 calories and 9 carbs. Another great one when your watching the calories and carbs, I only used a 1/2 a serving of this also. I then topped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

For the Bacon I used one I had never tried until earlier this week, Jennie - O Turkey Bacon. I really prefer this over what I had been using. The taste is better, fries up crisper, and is 15 less calories for 3 slices! 3 slices are 90 calories and 0 carbs.

I've got the dishes done, another advantage of using the griddle 1 pan to clean, the paper read, and the hot Bigelow Decaf Green Tea drank. I'm ready to get out and enjoy this beautiful day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment