Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Bowl

There are bowls and then there is The Bowl! My Mom has this aluminum bowl that we have both used countless times. We use it for all recipes; bread, meatloaf, sauces, pasta or anything else you can think of. I can remember this bowl it seems most of my life. The Bowl is incredible, I don't think you can scratch it, dent it, or stain it. You can add something hot to it and it will keep it hot. Add something cold to it and it will keep it cold. Plus its the easiest cleaning bowl you can find. No matter what's been in it just wipe it down with a damp paper towel and it's clean.

 My Mom and myself use it daily and my Mom said the other day she would like to see everything that's been mixed and made in that bowl! My Grandmother passed it on to my Mom back in the 80's. Mom said that my Grandmother had purchased back in the 40's. So between my Grandmother, my Mom, and me it's been used thousands of times. On the bottom of the bowl it's marked  No. 452 1/2 WEAR-EVER, I read that also read Trade mark Made in U.S.A. but that part had faded out from all the many uses and cleanings. Just wish they would make bowls like this nowdays.

I guess Mom's right if this bowl could talk you would hear about thousands of recipes. If your looking for a great mixing bowl this is the one. I've seen a few listed on Ebay for sell. It holds approximately 2 quarts and is 9 1/2 inches in diameter around the top rim and a little over 3 inches deep. I just wish they made bowls like this now! I left a description I found on line on The Bowl.


Vintage Aluminum Snack Bowl Mixing Bowl Wearever 452 1/2 Made in USA

WEAR-EVER Aluminum.
This aluminum mixing bowl is at least 45 years old...if not older.
It holds approximately 2 quarts...
It is 9 1/2 inches in diameter around the top rim...and a little over 3 inches deep.
This aluminum bowl is great for mixing, but can also go straight into the oven.

The bottom is marked:
No. 452 1/2
WEAR-EVER
Trade mark
Made in U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment