Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fried Walleye w/ Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and...


Today's Menu: Fried Walleye w/ Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and Whole Grain Sliced Bread




Another one provided from my Meijer visit, Walleye.  I had Fried Walleye w/ Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and Whole Grain Sliced Bread. I washed the fillet off with water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with Sea salt and Ground White Pepper. I then rolled the fillet in Italian Style Bread Crumbs. Fried on medium heat in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side. I love Walleye! It fries up or bakes beautifully and has a fresh and wild taste to it.

For sides I heated up an individual serving of Del Monte Cut Green Beans, lightly salted with a teaspoon of extra Virgin Olive Oil added to it. I also had boiled sliced Carrots along with a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Sliced Bread topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It's funny looking back when I growing up I would eat potatoes and apples but that was about it for vegetables and fruits. Now I can be happy making a meal of nothing but vegetables and try every fruit I can. For dessert later a special treat tonight, my Mom baked an Apple Pie! No one can do it any better than Mom. It melts in your mouth and she makes it with Splenda, too good!

No comments:

Post a Comment