Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fried Ocean Perch w/ Green Beans, Mac &Cheese, and Whole Grain Bread


Dinner Tonight: Fried Ocean Perch w/ Green Beans, Mac &Cheese, and Whole Grain Bread



I had a couple of small fillets of Ocean Perch in the freezer so I decided to have that as Dinner. I rinsed the fillets with water and patted them dry. Seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper and I then rolled them in Italian Style Bread Crumbs. I fried them in a cast iron skillet in Extra Virgin Olive Oil  about 4 minutes per side. The perch came out a beautiful golden brown! You have to love fish, low in calories and carbs and always a filling and tasty dinner.

For sides I heated a single serving of Del Monte Cut Green Beans, microwaved a single serve of Velveeta 2% Cheese and Shells, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I ate light all day so for a dessert/snack later my Mom's been wanting some Nachos so that's what I'll be preparing. I use Tostito's Whole Grain Scoops for the chips, 1 can Campbells Firehouse Chili w/ Beans, 1 small can of Sliced Black Olives, sliced Jalapenos, and Kraft 2% Pizza Cheese. Just layer in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees until the chips are warmed and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment