Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rainbow Trout w/ Grilled Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus Spears, and...

Today's Menu:  Rainbow Trout w/ Grilled Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus Spears, and Whole Grain Bread



My early morning Meijer grocery shopping provided a lot of finds including some beautiful Rainbow Trout Fillets, which is what's for dinner tonight. I seasoned the fillet with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and also a light dusting of Italian Bread Crumbs. I then fried the fillat in Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat about 3 1/2 minutes per side.

For sides I had Meijer Grilled Potatoes with Cheese and Herb Seasoning along with Grilled Asparagus Spears. It was the first time I had tried the Potatoes and they were excellent! I'm doing more and more of my shopping at Meijer lately because of variety and prices. I also had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. A very tasty and filling dinner and all at 310 calories and 40 carbs! The fillet shown in the picture was actually 2 servings. I had half and saved the other half for lunch tomorrow. For dessert later a Yoplait Delight Chocolate Eclair Parfait.

No comments:

Post a Comment