Monday, October 24, 2011

Crock Pot Asian Pork and Mushrooms w/ Scalloped Potatoes and Mini Carrots

Today's Menu: Crock Pot Asian Pork and Mushrooms w/ Scalloped Potatoes and Mini Carrots


What a meal! I came across this recipe from another blog skinnytaste.com Which is one of the finer blogs around and that is packed with low calorie, low carb, Weight Watcher recipes. When you get a chance check it out! I'll leave a link to the site and you can get the full recipe there.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crock-pot-asian-pork-with-mushrooms.html?utm_source=feedburner

Anyway on to my dinner. This recipe has nothing but good things in it! It takes 8 hours in the crock pot so it's not one of those you can whip up in a few minutes. I used a Pork Center Loin Roast. After browning the Roast on all sides I added it to the crock pot with all the other ingredients including Low Sodium Fat free Chicken Broth, Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce, Agave, Chinese Five Spice along with many other ingredients. With about 30 minutes left I removed the Pork to let it rest and added my sliced Mushrooms. I shredded the pork and added it back to the crock pot with the Mushrooms. As I mentioned you can find the full recipe at the above link to the web site.

Along with the Mushrooms i made some boiled Mini Carrots and, something new, Idahoan Scalloped Potatoes. I had tried their Au Gratin Potatoes last week so I wanted to give the Scalloped a try for dinner tonight. Another delicious Potato dish from Idahoan. A breeze to make just mix the ingredients and bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes and you have some delicious Scalloped Potatoes. Plus their only 160 calories and 20 carbs. With everything it made quite a meal, with plenty of leftovers! The Pork will make some killer sandwiches. A big thank you again to skinnytaste.com ( Gina's Skinny Recipes ) for a low calorie and low carb Delicious recipe!  


No comments:

Post a Comment