Monday, October 17, 2011

Baked Salmon w/ Potatoes Au Gratin, Grilled Asparagus, and...


Dinner Tonight: Baked Salmon w/ Potatoes Au Gratin, Grilled Asparagus, and Whole Grain Bread


What a dinner! I purchased a large Sockeye Salmon fillet that I cut into 4 pieces, having 1 for dinner and freezing the other 3. I brushed the Salmon with some fresh Lemon Juice to start. I then took about 1 oz. of Splenda Brown Sugar and 2 oz. of Light Soy Sauce and mixed the two together in a small bowl. Then I brushed the Sauce over the fillet evenly. I then baked the Salmon at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. I'll leave the Ingredients at the end of the post. The Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar makes a fantastic great tasting Sauce.

As sides I had Grilled Asparagus Spears and Idahoan Potatoes Au Gratin. I had never tried these before and I was really looking forward to it. I love Potatoes Au Gratin and hadn't had them in forever. They were easy to fix and turned out delicious! The box contains your Potatoes and Sauce. You just add Water, 3/4 Cup 2% Milk and 1 1/2 Tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. You can either bake it or cook it on stove top. I baked mine to give it a Golden Browning. Baked it for 25 minutes at 450 degrees. They are 160 Calories and 20 carbs as fixed by the directions but I substituted the Milk for 2% Milk and Butter with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to cut back on both the calories and carbs. Along with the Asparagus and Potatoes I had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert latera Yoplait Delight 100 Calorie Parfait.   

Sauce for Salmon

Ingredients;

2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 oz. Firmly Packed Splenda Brown Sugar
2 oz. Light Soy Sauce

*Brush Salmon with Lemon Juice
*In a small bowl, blend Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce. Brush Sauce evenly over fillets.
*Bake Salmon at 400 degrees for 11 minutes or until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment