Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ground Pork Pesto Burger and Apple Mayo w/ Baked Steak Fries

Dinner Tonight: Ground Pork Pesto Burger and Apple Mayo w/ Baked Steak Fries



My favorite Burger is the Bison Burger and I love the Turkey and Chicken Burgers too but there is a new Burger in town and this one is too good! I used Ground Pork, a 93/7 blend, and added Italian Style Bread Crumbs, Basil Pesto Sauce to make the patties. I seasoned them with Sea salt and Ground Black Pepper. Fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about a half a tablespoon.  Served on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun I also made a Apple Mayo for the topping and added a slice of Smoked Gouda. They are delicious, my parents loved them! The Mayo is very easy I used Kraft Mayo w/ Olive Oil and added a 2 teaspoons of Apple Juice and sliced and diced 1 small Gala Apple. Mixed all together in a small bowl and served. I'll leave the recipe below for the Burgers and Mayo. I also had a side of Ore Ida Baked Steak Fries.

Ground Pork Burgers
(Makes 4 Burgers)
Ingredients

1 LB. Ground Pork (I used a 93/7 Blend)
1/4 Cup Basil Pesto (You can add more to taste)
1/2 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
4 Slices of Smoked Gouda Cheese, Optional

Instructions

* In a mixing bowl add your pesto and ground pork. Mix together and form into 4 Burgers
* Spray a large skillet and heat on medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Fry the Burgers to your liking, I fried these for about 4 minutes per side.
* Serve on a Bun of your choice (I used Heathy Life Whole Grain Buns). Add Apple Mayo and Slice of Smoked Gouda Cheese.

Apple Mayo
Ingredients
1 Medium Gala Apple or Honey Crisp
1 Cup Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Apple Juice

Instructions
* Core Apple and quarter it. Then slice each quarter into thin slices and dice all slices up.
* In a small bowl add Mayo, Diced Apple, and Apple Juice and mix well.
* You can also add a little Paprika to give it a bit of heat *

No comments:

Post a Comment