Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Creamy Potato Soup

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Creamy Potato Soup





For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and topped it with
Smucker’s Sugar Free Blackberry Jam and I reheated a couple Potato Pancakes that were leftover from Dinner last night. And as usual I had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A bit cooler out today, high of 67 degrees and partly cloudy with a passing shower. In the mail I received some Meijer Coupons, some really great coupons! 60 cents off for Pam Cooking Spray, free package Sargento Cheese Sticks, 80 cents off a package of Jennie - O Ground Turkey and many more. So after Breakfast it was off to Mejier and I stopped by Kroger for Mom. Back home I cleaned the fridge  and the oven, and done for the day. For Dinner tonight it's a Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Creamy Potato Soup.



It’s a Comfort Food Dinner tonight for me, Grilled Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich w/ Creamy Potato Soup. I've had this combo before and they just keep getting better! To make my Grilled Ham Cheese I’ll be using; Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo, French’s Yellow Mustard, Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Ham, Sargento Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread to make my Sandwich.






To prepare it I started by buttering the outside half of a slice of bread. Next spread the Mayo on the
bottom slice of Bread, next layered the Ham, spread the Mustard, and added the slice of the Swiss. Added my top half of the sliced bread, buttering the outside of the slice. I then got out a large skillet, heated it up on medium heat and lightly coated it with a 1/2 pat of Butter. When the Butter was melted I added my sandwich. Grilled it on both sides until it was golden brown and the Cheese melted. Love these Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches.






For the Soup I’m using a favorite of mine, Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup Mix. To prepare a
package of it; In a 2 quart sauce pan bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil. Whisk in the soup mix. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste and serve! Perfect seasoning, thickened up just right, plenty of Diced Potato and a fantastic Potato flavor. The package makes 8 cups and very easy to prepare. I really love all the Bear Creek Products I’ve tried so far. So delicious and easy to prepare. For Dessert/Snack later tonight a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple.







Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham

Enjoy the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone. Available in the Deli
retail case as a center of the plate item or at the Service Deli sliced by the pound for a sandwich of note.
http://boarshead.com/products/detail/11018-sweet-slice-brand-boneless-smoked-ham








Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup Mix
A favorite original Bear Creek® soup. Very creamy and delicious with a delicate blend of parsley, herbs and spices to give it a little kick.

Yields about 8 one-cup servings.
Try adding crumbled bacon, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for variety.
While they simmer on the stove, you can smell the hearty goodness of Bear Creek® soups. They’re quick and easy to make and come in 15 delicious varieties. These soups have a homemade taste that will satisfy every appetite.
http://www.bearcreekcountrykitchens.com/soups.php

No comments:

Post a Comment