Friday, June 23, 2017

Chopped Bison Sirloin and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes,....

Dinner Tonight : Chopped Bison Sirloin and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes, Roasted Purple Asparagus, and Boiled Baby Carrots.






For Breakfast I prepared a favorite that I never fix often enough, Glier's Turkey Goetta! I love this
Turkey Goetta. I sliced a few slices of it off and fried it until browned and crispy on both sides. As usual it was mouth-watering delicious! I also prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, toasted a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside, Rain and more rain. It started overnight and went all day today. Lot of local flooding as it poured the rain! We needed a good rain, just not quite this much. So not a lot going on outside. We did have to have Dad at the hospital at 10:00 this morning for some blood work. Back home caught up on a few things around the house and then kicked back and watched some TV. For Dinner tonight its a Chopped Bison Sirloin and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes, Roasted Purple Asparagus, and Boiled Baby Carrots.



I'm using a favorite cut of Bison for Dinner tonight, SayersBrook Chopped Bison Sirloin. I had it in
the freezer so I grabbed a bag of it and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare it I’ll need McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and  Peppercorn Medley, McCormick Crushed Rosemary, and McCormick Thyme Leaves. I got the Cast Iron Skillet out to prepare it. I first sprayed it with a very light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and then added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. When the pan was heated I added the Chopped Steak. I cooked each side 2 minutes.Then finished it in the oven, at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. It cooked up beautifully, perfect medium rare! Had a nice little char on the outside and moist and juicy inside. These are so tender you could slice them with a spoon and have an excellent taste to them. Just another very good item from SayersBrook Ranch!




I topped the Chopped Steak with some A-1 Sauce Thick/Hardy. Also cooked up some Sauteed Mushrooms.








For a side dish I prepared a new one, Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Klondike Gourmet Potatoes. To
make it I'll need; a bag of Klondike Gourmet Potatoes, 3 Cloves Garlic (minced), 2 tbsp. Extra Light Olive Oil, 2 tbsp. Dried Rosemary, and McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley - to taste.












To prepare it; I preheated the oven to 425°F. Next I placed the Potatoes in a Ziploc bag and added
Olive Oil and the Garlic. Tossed until coated. Then poured them onto foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkled with the Rosemary, Salt and Pepper. Roasted in the oven for about 25 minutes, until Potatoes were fork tender. I always like trying new Potato dishes and this one came out delicious! I found the recipe on the Klondike Potato website.









For another side I had some of the Purple Asparagus leftover in the fridge that I prepared. I’ll need; 1 bunch of Purple Asparagus (fibrous bases removed), 1 Tablespoon of Crumbled Bacon or Bacon Bits, Ground Garlic Salt, Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, and 1 tbsp Extra Light Olive Oil. To prepare it is easy; Preheat the oven to 400F. Place asparagus in a baking tray sheet. Add the bacon, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and olive oil and toss to coat. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool a couple of minutes and serve! Comes out tender and that slight sweet taste to it. Really like the Purple Asparagus over the Green Asparagus!



Finally I had a small bag of Baby Carrots in the fridge that I'm preparing. I used a small sauce pan,
filled 3/4 up with water, and heated to a boil. With the water boiling I added the Carrots and boiled until fork tender. Seasoned with Salt, Pepper, and Dried Parsley. Mom and Dad had Cubed Steak and used the sides I prepared with their meal also. That's the main reason I prepared that many sides, I would have been happy with just the Mushrooms. For Dessert later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.








SayersBrook Ranch Bison Chopped Sirloin Steak

If you like the flavor of the sirloin, love the Bison Burger but want to take it up a notch, then the Chopped Sirloin Steak is for you! 4 lbs (4 packages each with 2-8oz chopped sirloin steaks).
Great flavor of the sirloin but also extremely tender and juicy.

http://www.sayersbrook.com/bison-chopped-sirloin-steak-4-lbs/











Klondike Gourmet Yellow Skin, Golden Flesh

Small, oblong, smooth yellow skinned – yellow fleshed potatoes in a 1.5 lb. convenience package. It is the perfect size for a family of four. The packages include recipes, serving suggestions, nutritional information and website information to provide you with the most convenience when it comes to potato preparation.
http://www.klondikebrands.com/Products/klondike-gourmet-yellow-skin-golden-flesh

No comments:

Post a Comment