Saturday, June 24, 2017

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans








For Breakfast I reheated a piece of the Chopped Bison Steak I had leftover from last night's Dinner. I
also had 1 Egg Sunnyside Up, 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Not a bad way to start the day! Well the rain finally stopped and it was mostly sunny and a high of 79 degrees. After Breakfast I got the leaf blower out and did some cleaning. Lot of leaves and limbs from the rain and wind of the last day and half. After Lunch I pulled the cart out of the shed and straightened that up and swept it out. Everything done I took the cart out for a ride around the neighborhood, not bad out! For Dinner tonight its a Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans







I had a Walleye Fillet in the freezer that I sat in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor!





The whole family love’s these Potato Pancakes! So for a side I prepared some Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite (Never made a cake I didn’t like!). Just add 2 Egg Beater’s (1/2 Cup), 2 1/4 Cups Water, to the mix stir and fry! Easy and makes one good Potato Pancake and their only 80 calories and 18 carbs per serving (3 Potato Pancakes).









For a second side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. I also reheated a couple of slices of leftover Multi Grain Bread. Had a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Devine Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Bar, only 80 calories and 12 net carbs per bar.












Walleye Nutrition Facts

1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137 mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9 mg





Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix

Ingredients
Potatoes ( Contains Sulfites to Maintain Whiteness), Potato Starch, Salt, Onion, Vegetable Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil).

Directions
Makes 18-24 pancakes. You Will Need: Medium bowl, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 cups cold water, vegetable oil,
large skillet. 1. Mix: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with a fork until blended. Add 2 1/4 cups cold water and mix well. Stir in the contents of this package. Allow batter to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir. 2. Fry: Drop tablespoons of batter into 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 3 cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g (1%)
Saturated Fat 0.5g (4%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 500mg (21%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 18g (6%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (9%)

http://www.manischewitz.com/sidesandmixesproducts.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment