Saturday, June 10, 2017

Buffalo Heel Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Heel Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans





To start this sunny Saturday morning off I prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, fried 2 Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties, toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker's Sugarless Blackberry Jam, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. First time I've the Jennie - O Sausage Patties in a while, love them! Another beautiful Summer Day out there, 88 degrees but low humidity. But by Sunday in the 90's and humid! Did a couple of loads of laundry for Mom after Breakfast. Then after Lunch ran a couple of errands for her. All caught up for the rest of the day so I kicked back and caught up on some shows I had recorded. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Buffalo Heel Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.


I had purchased the Wild Idea Buffalo - 12 OZ. ROUND HEEL STEAK a while back and had it in the freezer. I put in the fridge to thaw overnight. First time I've prepared or had Heel Steak, and what a beautiful cut of meat! Very lean with no fat. To prepare it I'll need a Cast Iron Skillet, Extra Light Olive Oil, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and McCormick Crushed Rosemary.






To prepare it I rubbed the Steak with a light coat of Extra Light Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with the
Crushed Rosemary and McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated the Cast Iron Skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1/2 tablespoon of extra Light Olive Oil, on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare, It cooked up beautifully. As I said it's the first time I've had Heel Steak, it's a great cut of meat that's so tender and flavorful! I'm ready to order more from Wild Idea!




For one side I prepared some Roasted Baby Red Potatoes. Preheated the oven on 400 degrees. Next, I washed and scrubbed the Potatoes off. To prepare them I needed; 1 tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil, Dried Rosemary, Dried Thyme, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. I start by heating up a Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat and as that’s heating up I cut the Baby Red Potatoes in half. Combined all ingredients in a large bowl and added the Potatoes. Toss to coat Potatoes and added them to the Skillet. Fry them about 4-5 minutes and transfer the Skillet to the oven, for about 15 – 20 minutes until they are fork tender. This is why I love using Cast Iron Skillets, from the stove to the oven, and then an easy clean up.




For a second side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. I also reheated a couple of slices of leftover Pillsbury French Bread. Had a Diet Peach Snapple to drink. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Devine Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Bar, only 80 calories and 12 net carbs per bar.














Wild Idea Buffalo - 12 OZ. ROUND HEEL STEAK

This cut is a favorite of Jill's: loaded with flavor, it comes from the most tender part of the primal
round.  A hidden cut that only skilled artisan butchers are aware of.  We've cut it into a 12 oz. portion, making it a perfect dinner for two option. Marinade is optional.  Rub with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and grill or pan sear.

No comments:

Post a Comment