Sunday, June 11, 2017

Fried Walleye w/ Boiled Yukon Gold Potatoes and Vegetarian Baked Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Boiled Yukon Gold Potatoes and Vegetarian Baked Beans






I t was one of those restless nights dealing with Phantom Pains all night into the morning before they
finally eased up! So there won't be a whole lot done today except for catching up on some sleep. Went out to get the Sunday Papers this morning and there was 2 Wild Turkeys out in the side yard, first I've seen in quite a while! For Breakfast I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker's Sugarless Blackberry Jam. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast went outside and got the leaf blower out and cleaned off the deck and driveway areas. Back inside I did a load of laundry and done for the day. After Lunch I laid down for the afternoon and caught up on sleep! For Dinner tonight it's Fried Walleye w/ Boiled Yukon Gold Potatoes and Vegetarian Baked Beans.


While at Meijer yesterday I seen they had some beautiful looking Walleye Fillets and just couldn't
pass them up. I rinsed it off in cold water, sliced into smaller pieces, and put them in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge until ready to use today. To prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor!





For 1 side I boiled some Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes. Picked these up at Meijer also yesterday. To prepare them I took a large pot and filled it half way with water and heated it on high. As the water started to boil I added Salt to the water. I then added the Potatoes and boiled them until fork tender. To serve, I put a few them on the plate and smashed them up a bit. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley along with some I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.






Then for another side I prepared some Bush’s Reduced Sodium Vegetarian Baked Beans. I had these sometime back and fell in love with the flavor and taste of the Vegetarian Beans! Only 130 calories, 0 fat, and 24 net carbs per serving. To prepare the; just open the can and empty the Beans Into Saucepan. Heat To Simmer until heated through. Love these Beans! For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.








Walleye Nutrition Facts
1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9mg

No comments:

Post a Comment