Thursday, June 29, 2017

Orange Roughy Fish Hoagie w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Orange Roughy Fish Hoagie w/ Baked Potato






It was Gravy and Toast this morning for Breakfast. I prepared a packet of Pioneer Peppered White Gravy and toasted a couple slices of Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Bread. Also had a cup of my favorite Tea, Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Warmer and a little more humid out today. A little more like our normal June/July weather. Did a couple of loads of laundry and then off to Walmart for a few items. Stopped and had the car washed on the way back home. Other than that not much else going on. For Dinner tonight an Orange Roughy Fish Hoagie w/ Baked Potato.





I had picked up the Orange Roughy at Kroger a while back and had a fillet left in the freezer. I normally don’t purchase Orange Roughy due to its sustainability classification. But it was in the case already packaged and I grabbed it. So to make it I’ll need; the Orange Roughy Fillet, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Flour, egg Beater's (1/2 cup), Paprika, and Shake and Bake Panko Bread Crumbs. I’ll also need McCormick Tarter Sauce and Kroger 100% Whole Wheat Hoagie Roll.





I had laid the Roughy in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare it I first rinsed the fillet off in cold
water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then grabbed a skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Then preheated the skillet on medium heat. Back to the fillet, I seasoned both sides of the fillet with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Then in a pie pan I added some Flour and seasoned it with some Paprika. Rolled the Roughy in the Flour till was completely covered. Next in another pie pan I added a 1/2 cup of Egg Beater's and dipped the fillets in the Egg Wash, shaking off the excess. Finally the third pie pan, I added a package of Shake and Bake Panko Seasoned Bread Crumbs to it and put the fillet in, making sure the fillet was well covered.



With the skillet heated I added my fillets. I then fried it for 3 minutes per side. It fried up perfect!
Golden Brown on the outside and a moist center. I served it on a Kroger Whole Grain  Hoagie Roll. Topped the Roughy fillet with some McCormick Tarter Sauce. Orange Roughy makes a perfect Fish Sandwich. Fries up great and an excellent taste to it.













For a side I prepared a Russet Baked Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment