Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries





Happy Father's Day to my Dad and all of the Dads out there! To start our Sunday morning off I prepared a Skillet
Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast for everyone. I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. Topped it off with a Sunnyside Up Egg and also made that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Just love this Skillet Breakfast! Outside it’s a rainy and humid Father's Day out there! A bit cooler at 83 degrees but heavy rains at times. After Breakfast I did a couple of loads of laundry and that was about it for the day. Caught up on some shows I had recorded. Not much else going on. So for Dinner tonight a I’m preparing a Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries. For Father's day I went to Applebees for Mom and Dad and brought back Dinner them.





I had a few of the Honeysuckle White Lightly Seasoned Turkey Patties left in the freezer so I grabbed one and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. They are 1/4 lb. patties (4 to a package) and 170 calories per burger.










For the Bacon I’m using the Kroger Simple Truth Turkey Bacon. It fries or bakes up real easy and has excellent taste.












To prepare the Turkey Burger, I’m using a medium size skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium. When the skillet was ready I added the Turkey Burger. I fried it about 6 minutes per side. After flipping the Burger I topped it with a slice of Kraft Deluxe Sharp Cheddar with a bout 1 minute of cooking time left. I served the Burgers on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. Topped the Turkey Burger with some Heinz 57 Sauce and the Turkey Bacon. The Burgers fried up great and the toppings all worked well together.








For a side I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt
and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.


















Honeysuckle White Lightly Seasoned Ground Turkey Patties
Our seasoned turkey patties are great for a last minute barbecue or quick dinner. They’re lightly seasoned for great taste, ready for the grill or stove.

INGREDIENTS
Turkey, less than 2% of the following: encapsulated salt (salt, hydrogenated soybean oil), sugar, dextrose, natural flavors, garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, vinegar powder, lemon juice powder, onion powder, spices, salt, sodium bicarbonate, grill flavor (from sunflower oil)
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 patty (112 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 170
Calories from fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total fat 9 g 13 %
Saturated fat 2.5 g 13 %
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg 33 %
Sodium 450 mg 19 %
Total Carbohydrates 1 g 0 %
Dietary Fiber
Sugars 0 g
Protein 21 g 42 %
Iron4%


No comments:

Post a Comment